- M.Ch. Orth., University of Liverpool, U.K.
- M.S. (Orth), Bombay University, India
- F.C.P.S. Orth. D. Orth – College of Physicians & Surgeons, Bombay, India
- Diplomate of National Board (Orth) – Delhi, India
- Fellow, Joint Replacement, New York & Boston, U.S.A
Specialised training in Joint Replacement Surgeries:
- Regional Orthopaedic Centre, Essex UK – 1990 to 1993
- Royal Liverpool Hospital, U.K. - 1994
- Centre for Total Joint Replacement with Dr. C. S. Ranawat, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, 1995
- Joint Replacement Service, Harvard Medical School’s Brigham & Women’s Hospital and New England Baptist Hospital., Boston, 1995
- Norman Roberts Medal for best thesis at MCh Orth examinations, U.K.
Thesis Subject: Isotope Bone-scanning in Hip Replacement Patients.
- Speaker, Young Surgeon’s Forum at Western India Regional Orth. Meeting 2001. Topic: Mobile Bearing Knees: Defining their role in Indian Patients’. Jan 2002
- Presented at National meetings a novel surgical technique of bone grafting and Knee Replacement in severe deformity cases. Nov.2001 – Annual Meeting Indian Orth. Association.
- Conducted learning programmes for Orthopaedic Surgeons on Mobile Bearing Type of Knee Replacements and Computer Assisted Surgeriws, 2001 - 2011
- Participated in ‘Operation Walk’ surgical camps for Joint Replacement at Nepal Medical College organized by Dr Lawrence Dorr Foundation, Los Angeles, USA. – 2001, 2004
- Included in Marquis Who’s Who in Medicine & Health Care 2nd Ed. 1999-2000, U.S.A
- Authored a chapter on ‘Common complications of Total Knee Replacement Surgery’ in the Text Book of Orthopaedics, Edited by Dr. G.S.Kulkarni
- Live surgical demonstrations of Hip and Knee Replacement surgery in different cities in India and abroad in over 20 conferences
- More than two dozen publications in international and national journals, and presentations at meetings on Joint Replacement Surgery
- Established a selective Joint Replacement practice in Mumbai, since the last sixteen years. Operating at Lilavati Hospital and Breach Candy Hospital and have performed a vast range of Joint Replacements including complicated joints and revision surgeries of the hip, knee, shoulder and elbow. Performed more than 4000 Joint Replacement Surgeries in India.
- An innovative surgical technique of bone grafting developed is included in the Video Library of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and was shown to delegates at the Academy’s Annual Meeting in February 2003 at New Orleans, U.S.A.
- Computer Assisted Total Knee Replacement surgical training of orthopaedic surgeons from Europe, Africa, Australia and Asia.
- Faculty on International Intelligent Knee Surgery Courses in Europe and Australia.